среда, 28 апреля 2021 г.

Revision

Exercise 1
1. It's seven o'clock and they are going to school now. (go)
2. Mrs Cooper eats in the restaurant every Sunday. (eat)
3. Our cat never jumps on the kitchen table. (jump)
4. Look! The men are wearing blue uniforms. (wear)
5. Curt always plays his guitar in the afternoon. (play)
6. The taxi is waiting for them at the moment. (wait)
7. He always helps his grandmother in the coat. (help)
8. They never eat very much. (eat)
9. Listen! Bill is playing his electric guitar. (play)
10. He washes his car every Sunday. (wash)
11. The alarm rings at seven o'clock every morning. (ring)
12. They always bring their aunt a tree for Christmas. (bring)
13. She is wearing a red pullover and black jeans today. (wear)
14. The boys are throwing snowballs at the girls now. (throw)
15. Mr Black is walking into the classroom at the moment. (walk) 

Exercise 2
 
They were having (have) tea when the doorbell rang (ring).
2. Father was smoking (smoke) his pipe while mother was reading (read) a magazine.
3. While he was mowing (mow) the lawn, it started (start) to rain.
4. He was having (have) breakfast when the toaster blew (blow) up.
5. When I came (come) into the office, my boss was waiting (wait) for me.
6. When we saw (see) Brian, he was driving (drive) a taxi.
7. Father was waiting (wait) in the car while mother was doing (do) the shopping. 
 
Exercise 3
 
1.It had been very dry this month, but it rained a lot last week. (be / rain)
2. Last July, I went to visit my relatives in Barcelona. (go)
3. I think I have met her once before. (meet)
4. I had been there last year but I have not been there lately. (be / not be)
5. I cannot contact her because she hasn't given me her email address. (not give)
6. I love this movie. It's the third time I am watching it. (watch)
7. Have you read her today's paper article? (you read) 

Exercise 4

1. Why is he so tired? He has been playing (play) football for two hours.
2. How long have you ben working (you work) in the garden?
3. Carol has been studying (study) Spanish for four years.
4. Frank and Bill have been traveling (travel) around Europe for about a month.
5. Samuel has been wearing (wear) those jeans since Tuesday. 

Exercise 5

1. After he repaired (repair) his bike, he drove (drive) to his grandparents.
2. Before she had (have) dinner, she had worked (work) in the garden. 
3. He went (go) shopping after he had phoned (phone) me.
4. 
After she helped (help) me with the housework, she went (go) to meet her friends. 
 

Exercise 6: Put the sentences into passive voice.

1. They built these houses in 1902.
These houses were built in 1902.
2. She bakes a cake every Sunday.
A cake is baked every Sunday by her.
3. He broke the vase yesterday.
The vase was broken yesterday by him.
4. I clean the shoes every Friday.
The shoes are cleaned every Friday by me.
5. We wrote the exercise an hour ago.
The exercise was written an hour ago by us.
6.He has lent her the umbrella.
The umbrella has been lent to her by him.
7. He gave me a good advice.
A good advice was given to me by him.
8. Dad promised us some money.
Some money was promised to me by dad.
9. They'll give him a reward.
A reward will be given to him by them.
10. He told me the whole story.
The whole story was told to me by him.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий